Positioning Scotland at the forefront of innovation
A more international Scotland means a more competitive Scotland. By helping Scottish businesses and researchers to engage internationally, the eight Innovation Centres are boosting business and economic growth.
Scottish innovation on the global stage
There are many examples of how the ICs are helping Scotland engage and compete globally. We have:
- made agreements to collaborate with research and industry bodies in nations from Japan to Norway
- given multinationals / foreign businesses confidence to invest here
- introduced international businesses to relevant research talent at Scottish universities
- attracted foreign direct investment (FDI) to our co-funded projects
- showcased Scottish businesses and innovation support systems at trade events
- launched projects to boost exports from Scottish SMEs and other businesses
- and boosted our reputation as an innovation nation.