Scotland’s unique Innovation Centres programme is realising rich and diverse impacts for industry and the Scottish economy.
The Innovation Centres are contributing to additional gross value added (GVA) for Scotland through:
• creating and preserving skilled jobs
• attracting inward investment
• increasing export potential
• creating new products and processes
• opening up new revenue streams
•delivering cost efficiencies and higher profitability
Societal and reputational impacts
Societal impacts are emerging too, including more sustainable ways of working, and better patient care.
And, in sectors from data to biotechnology, we are seeing growing international awareness of Scotland’s innovation support systems and culture, which itself will boost investment and exports.