Transforming great ideas into real solutions
The Digital Health & Care Innovation Centre (DHI) is a national resource and Innovation Centre funded by the Scottish Government and the Scottish Funding Council.
We are a collaboration between the Glasgow School of Art and the University of Strathclyde (our host institution).
Our focus is innovation in digital health and care will help the people of Scotland live longer, healthier lives, while providing sustainable and inclusive growth for our economy.
We collaborate, co-design and transform great ideas into real solutions that have benefits to the system and our citizens.
We provide engagement; facilitation; project management; and service, business, technical innovation to increase individual and organisation readiness to harness digital innovation for impactful results.
We play a pivotal role in supporting collaboration to co-design person-centred digital health and care solutions across service, technical and business innovation.
We are shifting the balance of care from a traditional treatment focused model to one that focuses on prevention, detection, post event care and self-management.
Our portfolio aims to address the key challenges identified by the Scottish Government in health and care, with a current focus on:
- Covid-19 (including service remobilisation)
- Chronic respiratory
- Citizen empowerment
- Demand & capacity management
- Digital skills & workforce development
- Healthy Ageing
- Mental Health
What we do
- We support the essential transformation of health & care services in Scotland
- We operate an effective partnership model, bringing together health and care practitioners, industry, academia and citizens to collaborate to solve key demand-led challenges
- We co-design and deliver digital solutions to improve health & care and provide sustainable and inclusive growth for Scotland
- Our unique innovation process model focuses on five key stages and enables us to provide a range of specialist services. Our partners can pick and choose the services that will add the most value and have the greatest impact on their projects.
Connect with us
DHI has a wealth of knowledge and experience in developing digital health and care solutions.
We have a number of core capabilities that enable us to tailor projects to the needs of our stakeholders.
We have developed a proven, 5-step, innovation process model and have an extensive project portfolio of examples of what is possible, when implemented.
We are developing a network of civic, commercial industry and academic colleagues/ organisations so that we can share more personalised and relevant news, events and calls to action with you. By taking a couple of moments to share your interests we will be able to better align you with the best opportunities for you to add value and impact.
CSIC (Construction Scotland Innovation Centre)
IBioIC (Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre)