Creating Innovation and Collaboration in Health and Care
DHI helps address modern health and care challenges through the development of new ideas for cutting-edge digital health technology and information services. They find smarter, more effective ways of managing and delivering health and care services and the advances in technology present huge opportunities to build more effective, fit-for-purpose, patient-centred health and care services.
DHI partners and members have created a community of like-minded people, who contribute insight, know-how, funding and research to help turn the spark of an idea into something that can make a real impact in how health and social care is delivered. Crucially, DHI’s ideas must lead to viable and affordable products and services that can be brought to market in Scotland and beyond, establishing Scotland as an exporter of digital health and care technologies.
Areas of focus
- An alternative digital wellness service
- Self-management services
- Decision support services
- Care in a homely setting services
DHI brings together people and organisations in the health and social care, charity, technology, design and academic sectors to develop new ideas for digital technology and information services that will improve the delivery of health and care services for Scotland’s communities. If you have a great idea for a digital health or care innovation and would like DHI’s support to develop it, they will assess your idea to ensure it provides business, academic and civic value and if successful, you’ll begin developing your idea at one of three stages:
- Exploratory: Your idea will be measured against the most current, diverse and relevant research, innovation and knowledge sources. This provides a crucial horizon scanning capability, ensuring we are designing and innovating cutting-edge technology for the future.
- Laboratory: Our ‘Experience Laboratories’ provide an environment where service users (practitioners and patients), businesses and researchers can collaborate and rapidly prototype in response to health and care challenges. Experience Laboratories can replicate real life scenarios and use design input to trial new ideas, technology, services, roles and behaviours.
- Factory: Industry, health and care, third sector and academic partners will help to develop your idea into a commercial solution for real life health and care challenges. The Factory stage offers access to expertise and test environments, business mentoring support and facilitation to source funding.
Connect with experts
Scotland provides a rich platform for academic excellence, with nineteen Universities, some of whom lead the way in informatics, life sciences and medicine. This is built upon by progressive Health & Care services, willing and able interact with other sectors in pursuit of innovation. DHI harnesses these capabilities, delivering value for academic, business and civic partners through their dynamic innovation model.
CSIC (Construction Scotland Innovation Centre)
IBioIC (Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre)