Industry success through research partnerships
Industry success through research partnerships. That, in a nutshell, is what SAIC delivers. SAIC connects industry with academia, supporting collaboration on key sector issues and opportunities, and helping drive growth towards 2030.
SAIC-supported solutions will help increase production volumes; introduce more sustainable practices; create highly skilled jobs; boost export value; and develop the next generation of industry leaders. All of which combined will impact positively on Scotland’s economy and its reputation for quality produce, both now and long into the future.
Areas of interest
SAIC’s areas of interest include:
- Finfish and shellfish health and welfare
- Sustainable feeds and nutrition
- Breeding and stock improvement
- The application of engineering and automation solutions
Supporting innovation across all aspects of the aquaculture supply chain, SAIC can help you in the following ways:
- Funding solution-oriented research, from rapid response projects to large-scale exemplar projects
- Development of a new product, process or service
- Connecting with potential collaborators in industry and academia
- Driving collaboration with other partners, whether researcher or funder
- Supporting skills development, connecting you to skills and training, from Modern Apprenticeships to MSc and PhD researchers working on your company’s issues
- Highlighting the benefits of aquaculture for the Scottish, UK and world economies
Connect with experts
SAIC connects a wide variety of researchers and businesses with the aim of generating commercial success, economic growth and a more sustainable industry. To instigate and accelerate commercially-relevant solutions that address aquaculture’s pressing issues, we work with companies of all sizes from SMEs to multinationals and at all points along the entire aquaculture supply chain, from hatcheries to retailers. We work with businesses and researchers across all aquaculture-related areas from genetics to engineering and, in the case of researchers, at all career stages from MSc students to professors.
SAIC (Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre)
PMS-IC (Precision Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre)